Just watch out for the impulse to buy more than you intended at the 99-cent store. In all honesty, we couldn’t.
First up on the home repair list: Scuff marks on countertops.
If you’ve ever had a scuff mark on a colored countertop, you know that it sadly becomes the room’s focal point. But we found the right supplies to save you any embarrassment.
- Crayons, 99 cents
- Spatula knife, 99 cents
- A microwave-safe bowl, 99 cents (If you have one you’re willing to sacrifice to melt crayons, you just saved another 99 cents.)
Total: $2.97. $3.96 if you throw in a weak lemonade-type drink.
What you do:
- Pick the Crayon whose color comes closest to matching your countertop. Peel off the paper and place it in the bowl.
- Pop the crayon and bowl in the microwave.
- Pour the hot, melted crayon onto the scuff mark and work it into the indentation with the spatula knife.
- Scrape off the excess with the spatula knife.
The Crayon mixture will harden and dry quickly, erasing your countertop flaw.